NO-EXCUSE COLLEGE PREPARATORY ACADEMY
The future of the U.S. economy rests on its ability to be a leader in the innovation that will be essential in creating the new industries and jobs that will be the heart of our new economy. Where the U.S. has historically ranked 1st in innovation it now ranks between 3rd and 8th depending on the survey. No Excuse College Preparatory Academy, (N.E.C.P.A.) has taken steps to reverse this slide by embracing and funding the much needed improvements in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education.
STEM is based on skills generally using the left half of the brain and thus is logic driven. Much research and data shows that activities like Arts, which uses the right side of the brain supports and fosters creativity, which is essential to innovation. Clearly the combination of superior STEM education combined with Arts education STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) should provide us with the education system allowing us to offer the best chance for regaining the innovation leadership essential to the new economy.
Education in Los Angeles must play a critical role in transforming the community into a more positive, intellectual and economic landscape. N.E.C.P.A. will lead this transformation by providing quality education, college geared courses and experiences to enlighten and empower our future leaders to use their minds to lead in their community and succeed and in life.
The Student Experience of N.E.C.P.A.
• A safe learning environment with a “No-Excuse” atmosphere that leaves students with “No-Excuse” to fail.
• Exceptional administrators and staff who value and respect their students and each other.
• A beautiful campus with small classes with a low teacher-to-student ratio.
• Innovative programs infused with the arts, cutting edge technology and a curriculum tailored to complement each student’s unique learning style.
• Extensive college exposure and dual enrollment opportunities through partnership with local Universities.
• Summer Career Exploration Programs that provide students with rare, hands-on opportunities to explore their desired field of study to gain early real-life experiences.
• Uniforms: N.E.C.P.A. will be provided uniforms at no cost to students.
• Transportation: N.E.C.P.A. will provide transportation at no cost to students for those students who are in need.
• Meal Plans:– Breakfast and Lunch will be provided at no cost to students.– Healthy snacks in vending machines will be available.
• Temporary Lodging: For students who need a safe haven for the night have the option to spend the night at our temporary lodging facility.
• Daycare: There will be a daycare located on the campus for student access.